City of Peachtree Corners Launches Name-the-Trail Contest
The ribbon has been cut and the plans are underway for the 11.5 mile multi-use trail system that will crisscross the city linking office parks, restaurants, retail centers, the new town center and surrounding neighborhoods. Winding its way through Technology Park, the first section of the multi-use trail will link to the city’s town center to the north and south to Peachtree Parkway.
The trail system will have a dual purpose: Exercise for those who just want to get out for an early morning or evening stroll; and also as a transportation alternative for residents who chose to walk or cycle to nearby restaurants, shops and entertainment venues.
Now it’s time to name the trail system and give it a unique identity for our innovative and remarkable city. We are turning to our residents and business community to help name the trail. If you have a great idea for the trail name, see the rules below for entering it into the contest. The winning entry will receive a restaurant gift certificate and bragging rights in perpetuity.
How to enter
- Entry must be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mail to City Hall at 147 Technology Parkway, Suite 200, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
- Entries must be received or postmarked by Friday, Dec. 1, 2017
- Must not duplicate part or all of another named trail or road
- Must not be more than two (2) words, excluding the word “trail”
- Must not be the name of a person
- Must not be vulgar in name, meaning, or suggestion
All submissions must contain all of the following:
- Suggested trail name
- Date of submission
- Name, address, and telephone number of the entrant
“This contest is a fun opportunity for our residents and business partners to name what will be undoubtedly a favorite amenity for our city,” said Mayor Mason.