The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce donated $1100 for phone charging stations to Northside Duluth Hospital via the Gwinnett Medical Foundation. SWGC Board member, Jill Morris, works at Northside Duluth and shared this critical need with the chamber. “Patients arrive at the hospital with hopes to be quickly treated and return home. Grabbing a phone charger is not always on their last-minute packing list. With the past years’ limited visitor policy around the country, having a means to communicate with loved ones via phone or IPAD becomes essential to their feelings of connection to home,” describes Morris. “If they do not have a charger, then those important connections can be completely cut off.”
Cindy Murphy, Associate Director of Development & Operations for Northside Hospital, explains the impact of the donation. “Our nurses and floor techs are the first to offer their chargers to a patient in need. However, people forget to return them, or the needs outweigh the supply. Having a station where the cords are safely secure, and the phones are protected, is another need met by the hospital.” Murphy credits the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce with helping meet a community need. “Thanks to the generosity of the Chamber members, we are now providing comfort in another way. It is an excellent gesture of meeting the needs of others.”
The SWGC’s core objectives revolve around engagement, connecting, and making a difference in our communities of Norcross, Peachtree Corners, and Berkeley Lake. “By providing these charging stations, we hope to eliminate a barrier that has separated loved ones during challenging times,” commented Chairwoman, Margie Asef.