While Georgia may not be the first place that comes to mind when thinking of picking up and starting over, Atlantic Station notes that it is still a viable contender judging by the statistics online. JBM Marketing Solutions lists some more reasons to persuade you to choose Georgia above other, more populous towns.
It’s affordable to live there
Although the adjective ‘affordable’ can be somewhat subjective depending on what you can afford, Georgia is affordable if the national statistics are anything to go by. If you’re looking to rent property in the Atlanta area, you’re in for a treat as you’re likely to find the home of your dreams within a month at most, as apartments here go fast! At this time, you’ll find plenty of options in various neighborhoods, with more than 1,700 units currently available.
You’ll have the support you need
As one of the fastest emerging tech capitals, Georgia is the place to be if you have a startup in mind. So, it’ll probably come as no surprise that plenty of organizations here will help you succeed in your business efforts, including:
- SCORE Mentors Atlanta
- People United Foundation
- Russell Innovation Center for Entrepreneurs
- EO Atlanta
Things to do people to see
From a leisure perspective, Georgia has plenty of neat activities that are great for one’s mental health. Team building activities that you can treat your staff to so that they can bring their best at work include:
- The Ponce City Market
- The Georgia Aquarium
- KidBilly music
- The Delta Flight Museum
An impressive talent pool
If you’re in the tech or engineering scene and you’re looking for top talent in these two sectors, then you’re likely to find it in Georgia. The same applies to schools and universities in the area that are shining bright as far as producing job-worthy graduates go. Notable schools in the area include:
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Atlanta Technical College
- Emory University
Your checklist for starting a business
If you’re keen to get right into it and start a business in Georgia, here is a quick checklist that should help with the beginning stages.
- Decide on a catchy name for your business. You might need to look into trademarking it if it is especially unique.
- If an LLC Georgia has intrigued you, then take a look at the benefits, which include greater flexibility, specific tax advantages, minimal paperwork, and more.
- A formation service can assist with the nitty-gritty details of getting all the relevant paperwork completed and filed according to the regulations of the state of Georgia.
- AllBusiness suggests choosing the right location for your business in terms of accessibility, competition, security, access to talent, and growth potential.
- Create a business plan that highlights the steps you need to take along the way.
All in all, Georgia is an up-and-coming location to look out for business ventures. It is also a well-rounded state with lots going for it if you’re planning on moving the family there too and finding a home.